Saturday, December 11, 2010

With His Words He's Certainly a Smith, Simply a Musical Professional Genius

"IPH ontop the world"
"When the shit hits the fan... they gon' probly tweet me, cause when my shit hits the fans, they gon' wanna meet me"-

The words of Genius from Ian Patrick Hill whom is a producer, rapper, and songwriter all done in his early twenties.  I had the pleasure of sitting down over phone with a exclusive interview with the new kid on the block. Hill who also goes by alter ego IPH Tha WordsmiFF is scheduled to go on a Midwest to Eastcoast tour entitled VERBAL WARFARE in early 2011 had these words to say:
" I've been in Pittsburgh for the past eleven years. I was born a Chicago native, but quickly fell in love with Pittsburgh. I've been making beats for a long time now, but just recently have begun writing. I have been performing at smaller venues, opening for local and national talent for months now. a few months ago I opened a show for Shwayze. over 200 attended with a projected turnout of 150".

Associations:
I just recently did a song with local celeb "young Roach" who's internet presence is undeniable. I have just landed at the 25 spot in the local hip-hop charts (http://www.reverbnation.com/iphthawordsmiff) and I have done work with many other local talents including:


Marco Cain, Travis Williams, Dwight Dude (former singer of alternative band "Featherlight"), Lucky Day, Chill (associated with Pittsburgh's own AZB crew) and soon to come into the "What Iph" studio, Phoenix, an Amazing singer song writer from Texas that will begin recording on the 15th of December.


My goals through Hip-Hop:


I want to have my name be synonymous with good music. I want people to see that something was performed or produced by me and say, "hey, I bet that songs the shit!..." I want to be able to produce hits like the production titans (Dre, Timbo, Will-i-Am). My ultimate goal is to work with some of my idols. To be on the same stage with them. to hang out with other creative people.


What i'll do with royalties:


I would probably buy a studio (a damn good one) so that I can continue to utilize new techniques in recording, and maybe even develop my own. naw, that's a lie. I would by a whip first, cause I haven't had one for about 6 months now. After that, then i'll buy my studio... or maybe some clothes.... shit, i'll probly buy everything i see man!

"Iph Tha WordsmiFF"
 
So as one can see he's actually a down to earth artist not just a business man but he is TRULY a artist.
for anymore information and Tracks on and by this rising star check out his sites.
(Links above and below)
ReverbNation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment